This is a 2-page letter from my Aunt Daisy (Auntie) to me dated January 29, 1993. She is giving me information on where my great-grandmother is reported to be buried.
Physical DescriptionDocument Type: Handwritten personal letter (2 pages)
Condition:
- Two handwritten pages written in dark ink.
- Paper is aged with overall yellowing and discoloration consistent with age.
- Numerous creases and fold marks are present.
- Small stain on page 1 about mid-way of the page. Minor staining throughout.
- Page 1 has a folded lower-left corner resulting in obscuring a word.
- Page 2 has a folded lower-right corner resulting in some loss of paper.
- Several words are difficult to read because of handwriting rather than damage.
- Some letters or words have been marked through and illegible and have been marked with [crossed out: illegible].
- Original spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and line breaks have been preserved.
Dear Renita I talked to Lola
and to your daddy today about
were Grand Paws Mother was
buried Clay sad it was in the
one going toward Grinville I thonk it was called the lantom Cemetry I not sure but Lola sad she was out at the some one that Grand Mother Ford and Claton and aunt Lela. just so you well no were I am talking about Lola sad she was eather put on aunt Addie’s and [crossed out: illegible] Uncle Will. Allgood’s lot that is Grand Paws sister Addie that was her first husbon. or on Uncle John Wickliffe lot whoe was Grandpaw’s Brother Clay sad him and Moma went to this other Cemetary while they lived at Quinlon but he sad the graves was hard to find that they were not marked good so I still don’t no for sure [I] belive Aunt Jonnie is buried in that
[Page 2]
one Clay was talking about you no
she [crossed out: illegible] was Grand Maws sister and her
first husbon name was Arnold
Joe Arnold you rember [crossed out: illegible] Verda
[crossed out: illegible] Nixon that big moma used to
talk to that lived in Dallas, well
Joe and Jonnie was her Mother ond dad
and she has a brother Jessie that lives
in Quinlon if he is still living
[crossed out: illegible] he lives on out that road were the
Cemetry is werer Aunt Lela s’
buried you mite see if he has a
phone. and see if he could till you
were the Cemetry is that is on
between Quinlon ond Grenville
I don't no if any of this will help
you are not hope it will.
just thought I would rite it down
love you Aunte.


No comments:
Post a Comment